Moorish Malaga, Alcazaba.
In this route we will go deeper into the Muslim era. The Alcazaba is the most visited monument of the city. This palace-fortress, of paramount importance to the capital of the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada, dates back to the 11th-15th centuries.
Due to its location this fortress is considered by historians as one of the safest and most impregnable of all times. It’s well-known among the locals as Alhambra’s little sister.
During this visit we will take a walk around the gardens and look over to the port and city as we discuss some topics such as the conquest of the Malaga by the Catholic Kings.
On the highest part of the mountain we find Gibralfaro Castle, a construction that dates back to the 14th century and served a military purpose controlling every corner of the city.
Undoubtedly a must if you are interested in learning about one of the richest most remarkable periods of the city.
Remember you can add the options “Photos” and/or “Wine Tasting” to your tour.
Contact us by phone or WhatsApp on (+34) 600 886 244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- When? Every day
- Duration: 2 hours
- Launguage: English / Spanish.
- Alcazaba entrance (next to the tourist information)
What is included in this Tour?
- All our tours include an official guide, certified by the Government of Andalusia.
- Folder with pictures to enhance the experience and explanations.
- Hydroalholic gel.
Admission not included. Overall € 3.50/ Reduced € 1.50 (students, retired, disabled, children) the guide will manage the tickets.
Because the visit is inside the Muslim fortress, it is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What you will see?
- The visit is inside the fortress.
- Sculpute of Juan Tembury.
- Scale model of center of reception.
- Main towers (Torre del Horno and Torre de bóveda baida)
- Column Gateway.
- Arch of Christ.
- Rooms of Granada
- Mudejar armour room.
- Oranges courtyard.
- Homage Tower.